Men's Messenger Bags
Briefcases and messenger bags you say? Why these finely crafted bags are made for the most stylish of gents. Yes, you will stun your workmates and boss, but you will stand out and shine in all other occasions too. Messenger bags and briefcases for men have made their entrance outside of work and are now quite the piece to show off no matter where you go! Where might you buy these bags you ask? Well, over at Equestrian Co. of course, where you can always find sale prices! Our online shop offers free and fast delivery within the UK and offers a great selection from men’s leather briefcases, and women’s leather briefcases to satchels, men’s tote bags and to leather backpacks for men and so much more.
Perhaps you are a working man, bringing home the bread and butter alongside your working lady; you want to upgrade your business attire, I suggest one of the San Babila briefcases - this bag will sure to spruce up even the most unfortunate of closets and add a professional, and polished edge. These bags make life easier, laptop briefcases will ensure a safe place for your electronics and laptop, while messenger bags by Woodland Leather are oh so comfy with their shoulder straps and are easy to carry, just throw over your shoulder!
Carrying The EssentialsYour world is bigger than your job; your bag has to be as tough as you are, as ready for every adventure you throw its way. You want to be able to throw some things in your leather messenger bag and know that it’s going to be able to keep up and look the part whilst doing it. You want that soft leather, cross body side bag to never know how to quit. You want a commuter bag that knows how to...well... commute. You’re not going to build a rock solid, rough and rugged reputation working as a one trick pony, oh no my friend, you need to be able to do all of these things and more, accompanied only by your trusty bag. What more could you possibly need? We’ll give you a hint. If you don’t know the answer, the answer is nothing.
You need to be able to run out of your door without stopping for a single second (apart from checking that you have your keys and your bag...and that you’ve turned the cooker off), you need to know that your bag is not going to let you down no matter where you go.
How to decide on the right bag for you, well it depends on what you’ll be carrying with you, let’s run through some scenarios and recommend which bag we think is the best fit for the job.
- Laptop - A briefcase is the best home for your laptop, its hard case will protect your electronics from rain and the wear and tear of travel.
- Tablet / iPad - Either bag is great! I always love a good briefcase for work and a messenger bag to wear around town. Both will protect your electronics.
- Phone - A messenger bag, just drop your phone in the outside zip up pocket and have easy access to any calls or messages!
- Documents - A briefcase, with its firm case it will keep your files intact and organised.
- Everyday Essentials - A messenger bag is great for everyday essentials, with outside zippers and multiple pockets, you can carry what you need.
How to Style a Briefcase or a Messenger BagHow we dress says a lot about us. We all have unique styles and dress in items we love. Style is the best way to express our unique personality, and it can be an outlet for expression.
With our busy lifestyles, sometimes we cannot be in the places that allow us to be the most us. At work, we have to be professional and with everything in between, we may not have a safe space that allows us to shine. However, we can make up for this with our clothing. We can show off our quirks and be our authentic selves. Overall, feeling better, and even great about ourselves.
We tend to put emphasis on our clothing and accessories, but our bags also say a lot about us. We can look down at our bags and feel a sense of security and pride. Let’s say you are having a bad day, you are doubting yourself, yet in the past, on a day where you felt amazing, you bought a stunning luxury leather briefcase, on these bad days you can look at your bag and be reminded that there are much better days to come.
Some ideas for how you can make this fit your style if you are a….
- What Is a Fashionista? Fashionistas are serious about fashion. They are looking ahead towards future trends and even creating trends.
- Outfit Idea - Black sleek jeans, black boots, a white shirt and an oversized black trench with a black leather briefcase.
- Why Choose This Look? - A fashionista knows how to balance work and style, a professional look with edge. The fashionable working man enjoys a black leather briefcase, stylish and professional; this bag works well with his sleek work clothes. This outfit can transition from the workplace to cocktails with coworkers, and even to the cafe.
- What Is a Hipster? A hipster looks outside of the current trends for inspiration and creates their own looks. They are not afraid to be daring and look for inspiration in other styles and times.
- Outfit Idea - Ripped shorts, colourful shirt with cats, black boots and a brown briefcase with shoulder straps.
- Why Choose This Look? - This is a great look for a summers day, use the briefcase to pack a mini picnic! Head to the pub with friends or go study at a cafe, this look works in many casual settings. Change out the ripped shorts for trousers, and you could even sport this look at work.
- What Is a Country Gent? - A country gent is used to a slow-paced lifestyle, he dresses well but with comfort in mind.
- Outfit Idea - Jeans, t-shirt, leather jacket and black messenger bag
- Why Choose This Look? - This is a great look for a country gent hitting the town; he is comfortable yet stylish. He uses his messenger bag to carry his everyday items. I suggest an outfit that transitions smoothly between different environments. This country gent is off to the city to jump from event to event throughout the day; he chooses this outfit because he knew it would seamlessly look great in all situations.
- What Is a Casual Gent? - A casual gent dresses for comfort and for practicality. He is not tied to any labels and has his own unique style!
- Outfit Idea - Loose but attractive jeans, durable patterned button-up top and short wax jacket with boots and brown messenger bag.
- Why Choose This Look? - This look is both flattering and practical for a farmer - the loose jeans give the flexibility to work, and his jacket keeps the elements out. This laid-back lad does as he pleases and wears his favourite pattern and chooses a tan messenger bag when he’s out, much more spacious than a handbag and better suited for farmer lad!
Messenger Bag vs BriefcaseA black briefcase is a classic staple in the workplace; even a vintage bag looks great in the office. These bags tend to be firm and slim, intended for documents or a laptop.
While briefcases are gaining popularity and have soaring reviews worldwide, the messenger bag is another fantastic choice. This bag is more malleable and hands-free, simply throw it over the shoulder - all the difference when running around the town. If you are anything like me, you understand that the shoulder strap is very important - holding a bag in your hands gets tiring and you may be more likely to leave it behind.
Both the briefcase and messenger bag can have extra pockets, but the messenger bag often comes in more styles and options. Some messenger bags, for example, are made as a travel bag and come with extra storage space.
Messenger bags are suitable for the workplace yet adaptable for your day-to-day life. A bit more relaxed than your classic briefcase with shoulder straps and a soft case rather than a hard and durable case. But not to worry, a messenger bag will still protect your belongings!
- Easy to carry.
- Great for work and outside of work.
- Not as hard, thus not as safe for a laptop as a briefcase is.
- You must consider size, some bags are smaller and may not fit everything
- Not as classic as the briefcase
- Weight distributed to one shoulder may cause shoulder pain.
- Shoulder straps are so darn comfy we sometimes forget we are carrying a bag! Be sure to remember to wear it to the front to avoid pickpockets.
Briefcases are often made with a hard case and come with a handle to carry by hand, while a messenger bag has shoulder straps and are made of malleable material. Though it should be mentioned that there are hybrid briefcases, briefcases with a softer material and adaptable shoulder straps.
- Safe storage for laptops.
- Professional look, great for the workplace.
- Great for travel - fits as carry on.
- Immensely popular, won’t go out of style.
- Keeps your work and papers organised.
- Often no shoulder straps, instead it has handles.
- Hardcase can be heavy.
- Not the most practical everyday bag.
- Uncomfortable to carry for long periods.
Buying the Perfect Leather Briefcase or Messenger Bag for Men?
Why choose a brick and mortar business when we here at Equestrian Co offer the best price guarantee, hassle-free returns, free and quick UK delivery. Find styles you believe were designed just for you, add to your cart, check-out and shortly find your lovely new gear at your door. Shopping online is the easiest, most convenient way to find exactly what you are looking for in a short time.
Looking for a briefcase or messenger bag? Perhaps you want one for your computer, one that is made with genuine leather or Italian made, simply use our search bar and find items catered to your needs, plus so much more. With our wide selection, you should have no troubles finding a bag you know is meant for you.
Our bags are made with working folks in mind; we understand you want your computer to safely commute to and from work with you without worry of damage - luckily our online shop offers bags that provide security for your electronics. We know how tolling all of the travel and commute can be so we have designed our products to last and protect the items in your bag.
When you need quality equipment for your work, when only the very best will do, a leather briefcase is still one of the most popular items for the modern professional.
If your style is more traditional, no doubt you will be interested in our more formal, hard leather briefcase! This is a style that has been around for generations and is still immensely popular.
If your style is better suited to the casual soft leather men’s shoulder bags, these are already a more widely accepted alternative in the workplace.
A briefcase for men doesn’t have to be one particular style, have a look through our range, any one of them are suited to the modern office.
As we seem to spend more and more of our time at work or commuting these days, we might as well do it with a bag suited to our needs.
From black or brown to tan or olive, large or small, fully featured or fairly minimalist, the aesthetics shown in our selection suit a wide range of environments and workplace needs.
Of course, not all of these bags are needed for work, how about a satchel bag for just taking a picnic and a book to the park or using as a laptop bag when going for a coffee? Going to the library? A document bag is a great choice!
Our range is comfortable to carry, has soft but strong handles or straps, we made that a priority. We have insisted on only stocking bags made from excellent quality materials for endurance and strength.
And the design, well, just look, they are all, without exception, really incredibly good looking. These are modern-day man bags; you can confidently wear your laptop over the shoulder without worrying that you look like the schoolboy you once were.